Children's Solid Organ Transplant
Dear Family & Friends,
I am fundraising for the 2017 Red Balloon Run & Ride! ALL of the money I raise for the event will be donated directly to the Solid Organ Transplant department at Children's Health. I am thrilled to have another chance to make such a huge impact on the children we serve here at the hospital. This cause is near and dear to my heart.
Although there have been advances in medical technology and donation, the demand for organ donation still vastly exceeds the number of donors.
• In 2016, more than 33,600 transplants brought renewed life to patients and their families and communities (from 9,900 deceased and 5,900 living donors).
• More than 119,000 men, women and children await lifesaving organ transplants (1,100 of them are 10 years old or younger).
• Another person is added to the nation’s organ transplant waiting list every 10 minutes.
• Sadly, 8,000 people die each year (22 people each day — almost one person each hour) because the organs they need are not donated in time.
• To register your decision to save and heal lives, visit www.RegisterMe.org. To learn more about organ, eye, tissue and living donation, visit www.DonateLife.net.
Will you please consider making a tax-deductible gift? Giving is easy! Click on the link below to be directed to my fundraising page. If you would like to send a check, you can make it out to Passion for Children's, Inc. and send it to the address below. Just be sure to put my name in the subject line.
Every single gift, no matter the size, makes a difference. Thank you for helping me touch so many lives.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.